Friday, October 30, 2009

Game 16 - Bellshill Derby 6 Menzieshill Athletic 2

21 Nov 09 - Keir Hardie, Holytown. Scottish Cup 3rd Round. This looked as though it would be a close game after the first 15 mins. Athletic (from Dundee)moved the ball really well and went one up when a clearance up the park was completely misjudged by the Derby keeper. However, within a minute Derby equalised and at half time were amazingly 5-1 up as they rolled over a deflated Athletic side with some decent quality play and a couple of really good goals. The second half never reached the same levels as the first and there were 2 cautions for fouls in an otherwise very sporting game. I was pleased with my performance. I thought my work rate and concentration was very good throughout. I need to keep up a high level on a consistent basis. 2 yellows, 0 reds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home